Re: kicad StepUp 3D kicad board WITH attachment

Hi Ed,
(sorry the attachment was missing)

now I understand the multi-part problem...

the script, to run smoothly, assumes that all the models refer to a single solid object. So you need to make a union of the STEP part correspondent to the wrl in kicad (in freeCAD is 'fusion') and then export the fused part

Always check if the fused STEP model is really one single part, re-opening the exported one (sometimes the fusion cannot work correctly when exporting because of some 3D model solid problem)

the STEP lib should have single part model each item

Please let me know if you have a FreeCAD library of electronic components...
I would like to create a repository for FreeCAD models, STEP and WRL exported models, similar to the one available for Wings3D...
that would make the use of the new approach very easy...

moreover I found that FreeCAD wrl models render better and without shades problems compared to the Wings3D exported ones...
(Wings3D having shading issues with VRML files exported)

thank you for your feedback,
Maurice

PS attached the 7zip file with the models converted to single part and the kicad_pcb adjusted to have relative paths