Re: kicad StepUp 3D kicad board and models to STEP

Hi Thomas,

thank you very much for your detailed feedback!

I cannot test to much the result in other CAD as you have done in Catia V5, PTC Creo Parametrics V2, Solid Edge ST7, Siemens NX10 and Solid Works... I can just check the script result in FreeCAD and sometimes, with a courtesy of a friend, in Solid Works

Also the screenshots are impressive!
I knew that the result in MCAD it was heavily depending on the quality of the single models used in the assembly (particularly the model has to be a 'clean' solid).

For the board, the IDF pcb generated by the Cirilo's routines is just great! (I tested it in many different boards and it is always as in kicad)

Would you mind to share also some STEP and wrl models?
I would like to make a repository of STEP 3D models checked to be friendly used with the kicad stepup script...

Thank you very much for your mail!
Maurice