Re: future of bitmap2component?

On 10.07.2015 18:31, jp charras wrote:

> AFAIK, boost::polygon is used only to cleanup and mainly to fracture the
> polygons which are created by potrace, and which are outlines and holes
> inside outlines.

Indeed, maybe the custom types (KPolygon) made me think it's more
complicated.

> The main application of bitmap2component is creating logos which can be
> printed on a silkscreen layer.

Most logos come nowadays in a vector format (e.g. SVG). An ability to
import a vector logo directly (without having to convert from vector to
bitmap and back) would be quite useful IMHO and may supersede the
functionality of bitmap2component.

Tom