Re: Stable release

On 7/6/2015 6:25 PM, Nick Østergaard wrote:

>>> The PKGBUILD I am using is using git, because that is what the initial
>>> PKGBUILD was based upon, and git has proven much easier to work with
>>> in this regard too... bzr is very slow.
>>>
>>> With this I am currently patching the version string to calculate BZR
>>> version string and also list the short git commit hash.
>>>
>>> Are you interested in merging this patch by now?  It will also help
>>> other people using git to build with.  I guess I will have to apply
>>> the new logic from CreateBzrVersionHeader.cmake to my
>>> CreateGitVersionHeader.cmake.
>>
>> I will merge it if it helps create usable build version information.
>
> I hereby attach my patch, please consider it.
>
> Regards
> Nick Østergaard

I managed to make a mess of this again.  It appears that I must have
been making changes to the CMake files which was forcing the version
header file to get rebuilt.  I did not fix the original issue of
updating the version header when the repo version was updated.  I just
committed a fix which actually works (I hope).  Please refactor your
patch accordingly.  It should be fairly trivial.  Sorry about the mistake.

Cheers,