A question about the crosshair behaivour

Hello All

When testing Andrew's patch from yesterday and the fact we finally got
the crosshair ported to GAL, I have noticed that when the mouse
pointer cursor exits the canvas the crosshair will freeze at the edge
of the canvas.  I have not thought more deeply about this before,
because it is usual to the legacy canvas to have drawing artifacts.

But what I really is asking now is; should it be like that or should
it clear from the canvas?

Please note this is when any tool except the pointer tool is active.
The same behaivour is seen in the legacy canvas except it does not
hide the cross hair in the select tool.

Andrew told me to mention that he offered to fix it if people think
that a fix is required. He estimate it'd take him 5 mins to make a
patch to hide the cursor in the leave handler. It will be like a
4-line patch to common/view/wx_view_controls.cpp in onEnter and
onLeave.

He is willing to patch it if the consensus is that a fix is required.

About the inconsistency about the select tool having the cross hair or
not, he said he likes to have it becauese he uses to check alignment
of stuff. This should of course lead the mind to think of
https://xkcd.com/1172/.

Regards
Nick Østergaard

Follow ups