From: Kicad-developers [kicad-developers-bounces+mrluzeiro=ua.pt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Tomasz Wlostowski [tomasz.wlostowski@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 13 July 2015 14:45
To: KiCad Developers
Subject: Re: [Kicad-developers] official web page

Hi all,

Why don't we make a simple front page before the stable release, that
doesn't scare people away?

The wiki we have now under kicad-pcb.org provides a lot of extremely
useful information, in particular for developers, but IMHO it's far too
much for the front page - which should present a brief (3-4 sentences)
description, basic features, links to download and a donate button.

Unix command line on the front page of the project, just as we have now,
is IMHO a straight road to make people think Kicad is "for hackers only"
and drop our stuff without even trying it...

I recently was shown Bootstrap, a very easy framework for making nice
looking webpages (even someone as ignorant in web development as myself
could do something that looks like a web page with it). What would you
say about redesigning the Kicad front page (with links to tutorials,
Wiki, etc.) so that it lets people quickly discover the features of
Kicad and download it easily?

Example design (~50 mins to create, with images) here:
http://twlostow.web.cern.ch/twlostow/www_demo/

Cheers,
Tom