Re: PCBnew file format compatibility (translated layer names again...)

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 01:37:02PM -0400, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 7/16/2015 11:17 AM, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > We've received a question from another disappointed user, who is trying
> > to read a .kicad_pcb file with translated layer names. For the moment
> > the only way to fix this is by hand-editing the file.
>
> I do not believe this is entirely true.  AFAIK, using the previous
> stable version, you should be able to open the board and temporarily set
> the language to English and save the board which should set the layer
> names in the board file back to the default English translations.

Do you really think that is an acceptable solution? Nobody is going to
know to do that!

Anyway, along these lines: there are still some files in our own demos
directory, in both kicad proper and the lib repo, that have this
problem. I was going to fix it myself but didn't have time to. Someone
probably should do that before the release.