Re: official web page

Hi Marco and all,

the script is available at sourceforge (which is down now)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kicadstepup/
and at launchpad
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~easyw/kicad-stepup/trunk/files

for the STEP models, to do it quickly I've got the STEP models mostly from 'free' libraries that let the user to download the 3D model but do not let him to distribute the models to others ... so the word 'free' is misused...

For that reason I would like to have a repository for FreeCAD 3D models, with the STEP and VRML exported model
I have started a project in github for the repo,
https://github.com/easyw/kicad-3d-models-in-freecad
but I'm not very familiar with 3D modeling...
so it would take a long time to have it with many modules

Any help would be very appreciate

For me the best would be to have a repo at
https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-library/tree/master/modules/packages3d
may be with a sub-dir FreeCAD that will contain FreeCAD, STEP and VRML models with the same path of the Wings3D ones...
So it would be very easy to switch from one repo to the other

I've found that there are already people modeling in FreeCAD and asking if their model can be accepted
https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-library/issues/186
maybe if some of the kicad project would contact them, the repo could start building quickly :)

please let me know your opinion...
thank you
Maurice