Re: Extended Desktop Mac OSX

Hi Andy, Thanks for your input.

Following up on this issue. I've been running some tests, your method does
not work on my setup. I have a macbook pro running OSX 10.9.5.
This is my test:

1) With KiCAD main window on the laptop display, open footprint editor move
it the external display.
2) Close Footprint Editor window.
3) Disconnect External Display.
4) Open Footprint Editor from KiCAD main Window.

The only way I was able recover the window is by going to system
preferences and change the resolution on my display. Once I do that it
brings the footprint editor window that was on external monitor into the
main desktop, although the top of the window is outside the screen I can
manage to bring it down.

I tried with Google Chrome, leaving the 'task manager' window on external
display, then disconnecting and next time I open 'task manager' it moves it
to the now only display. Perhaps there is a way for the application window
to verify the location is now available or not upon opening.

If you can give me some guidance as to where I could start looking into the
code maybe I can get involved in improving this behavior.

I will add comment to bug tracker provided by Jon. Thanks.

/José