Re: Release candidate?

On 7/28/2015 3:00 PM, Jon Neal wrote:
> This is mostly to Wayne since he controls the releases.
>
> Now that the boost polygon code has been committed what is left for
> kicad RC1? Any large roadblocks left?

I have to look through the bug tracker to see if there are any more
segfault and memory leak bug report and the latest Coverity scan to see
if there are any remaining errors with high severity that need to be
addressed.  Once this number goes to 0, then we can start thinking about
a stable release candidate.

> Also, several people in IRC have been talking and are really hoping that
> the release candidates will be debug builds to help fix bugs faster. Any
> chance of that happening?

This depends on our package developers.  I'm all for debug builds if it
will help to speed along the debugging.  I think Adam is providing
nightly debug builds for OSX.  The other platform package developers
feel free to chime in here.

All of this being said, I think we are getting close.  I'm going to try
to put together a list of action items that need to be addressed for a
stable release candidate.  Hopefully I can get to that this weekend.