Re: Can we enable menu icons on OS X?

Hi Colin,

> Can anyone explain why menu icons are enabled on all
> platforms except OS X? I've looked through the menuhelper.h
> code and the CMake build files, and all I can find is reference
> to it being disabled on OS X by default, but the reason why is
> not given anywhere I can find.

There was a discussion on the list in late January about this. See
https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg16512.html for the starting
point.

in menus, so KiCad disabled them. Newer versions of the Apple HIG seem to
be OK with icons. If there is a general consensus from the OSX folks that
icons are a good thing, Wayne is happy to turn them on by default. As far
as I can tell, the previous discussion petered out without a consensus.

(BTW, I'm neither a main developer nor an OSX user so I'm just the
messenger in this instance).

Blair