Re: you can say that it is something unimportant

Le 01/08/2015 18:04, Lorenzo Marcantonio a écrit :
> On Sat, 01 Aug 2015 12:57:42 +0200, Nick Østergaard wrote:
>
>> I think it would be easier for a developer to fix this issues, if we
>> can get a list of "filename:linenuber string" places where this is an
>> issue. At least for italian.
>
> Can try to fix these if you give me the list; it should be helpful even
> for similar languages (french and spanish for sure).
>
> Also, I'm italian too:P
>
> Is there some wx reference page documenting the interaction with
> gettext? Maybe at least for some of these we could apply some of the
> fixes suggested by the gettext manual.

There is a doc for I18n. See
http://docs.wxwidgets.org/3.0/overview_i18n.html
not specific to gettext.

Again 80% of messages come from wxFomBuilder.

We are talking about GUI translations.
Therefore very basic sentences and messages.

Therefore send a list of "filename:linenumber string" places where there
is a translation problem should fix most of issues.

I do not think having constraint in Kicad code is acceptable to fix this
kind of issue.
The only acceptable (because mandatory) constraint is creating a
sentence all in once (using Printf) and *never* word by word.
It is also acceptable because it is easy to verify and maintain.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS