Re: Gerber output units?

I do not understand why 6 significant digit will cause rounding error if Gerber generation uses inches as unit.
you have a nanometer resolution which provides 6 decimals for millimeter units.
When you divide this number by 25.4 to convert to inches, you might loose a bit of resolution, but you will not generate a rounding error.
123.456789mm = 4.86050350” wich is now 4.860503 when using only 6 decimals.

Where is the rounding error coming from? From the software processing gerber data? I really doubt that CAM software will care about 1 micro-inch error.

Just curious,

Jean-Paul
AC9GH