Helping out with Kicad

Kicad Team,

I am an EE by training and have a passion for open source anything. I am
currently designing an open source motor drive for teaching the DIY hacker
crowd about how PID loops, motor control etc works. I see that Kicad has
potential, and also that Kicad has very few people working on it to make it
better.

I would like to help fix Kicad bugs, which is something only a handful of
crazy nut jobs have said before. I have programmed in Java and python
before, and dabbled in C++. I am not totally inept when it comes to
algorithmic coding, however I am not well versed in how OS programs run or
interact with the OS. If somebody who is working on Kicad is willing to
trade a little bit of hand holding for another person on board to help make
Kicad the next Ubuntu for PCB design, I am willing to help.

I was planning on learning either C++ or Scala to write a desktop app for
interfacing with my new motor drive so I would already be putting the time
in to get semi proficient at C++.  I don't have 40 hours a week to put in,
but I would assume anything is better than nothing!
Lance Doiron
Electrical Engineer
207.289.5500

Follow ups