Re: kicad StepUp update and STEP repository of parametric models

On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 16:02:43 +0200,
Marcos Chaparro wrote:

> the board edge is actually a footprint, and it was rotated 180° in
> kicad_pcb file, I don't know if that matters.

Doesn't surprise me that it gives problem, since AFAIK edges in footprints are *not* supported (for a number of reasons...); for many things they appear to work but this seems a typical issue: edges are top level entities so they are not supposed to have transformations applied.

That's for kicad innards, but it could be easily give similar problem for external scripts working within the same assumptions.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl