Re: Helping out with Kicad

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 08:18:15AM -0400, Lance Doiron wrote:
> Kicad Team,
>
> I am an EE by training and have a passion for open source anything. I am
> currently designing an open source motor drive for teaching the DIY hacker
> crowd about how PID loops, motor control etc works. I see that Kicad has
> potential, and also that Kicad has very few people working on it to make it
> better.
>
> I would like to help fix Kicad bugs, which is something only a handful of
> crazy nut jobs have said before. I have programmed in Java and python
> before, and dabbled in C++. I am not totally inept when it comes to
> algorithmic coding, however I am not well versed in how OS programs run or
> interact with the OS. If somebody who is working on Kicad is willing to
> trade a little bit of hand holding for another person on board to help make
> Kicad the next Ubuntu for PCB design, I am willing to help.

[...]

Welcome aboard Lance!
Seeing the premises you can start with this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1391533

it does not affect the GUI but just the search algorithm that is wrong
and it should be not so difficult to fix (I hope).

regards & good work!

--

Marco Ciampa

| GNU/Linux User  #78271 |