Re: Helping out with Kicad

Hi Marco,

I'm trying to prepare some doc for kicad StepUp script using asciidoc, but I cannot create a pdf conserving clickable hyperlinks...

Here the query I posted (without a reply) at asciidoctor.org

http://discuss.asciidoctor.org/conserving-clickable-hyperlinks-on-pdf-tc3669.html

with all explanations about the method I tried...

Could you please give me some help?

thank you
Maurice

On 15/08/2015 18.57, Marco Ciampa wrote:
On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 08:18:15AM -0400, Lance Doiron wrote:
Kicad Team,

I am an EE by training and have a passion for open source anything. I am
currently designing an open source motor drive for teaching the DIY hacker
crowd about how PID loops, motor control etc works. I see that Kicad has
potential, and also that Kicad has very few people working on it to make it
better.

I would like to help fix Kicad bugs, which is something only a handful of
crazy nut jobs have said before. I have programmed in Java and python
before, and dabbled in C++. I am not totally inept when it comes to
algorithmic coding, however I am not well versed in how OS programs run or
interact with the OS. If somebody who is working on Kicad is willing to
trade a little bit of hand holding for another person on board to help make
Kicad the next Ubuntu for PCB design, I am willing to help.

[...]

Welcome aboard Lance!
Seeing the premises you can start with this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1391533

it does not affect the GUI but just the search algorithm that is wrong
and it should be not so difficult to fix (I hope).

regards & good work!

--

Marco Ciampa