Re: [Patch] Add gitlab support to github plugin

I don't really have any stock in this, but *yes* to what this guy said.

On 8/17/2015 2:52 PM, Matthew Beckler wrote:
It seems very strange to target our software at specific implementations of git front-end websites. It seems even stranger to suggest to end users to install a web server to act as a proxy to improve performance.

It seems like a simpler approach would be to support local git repositories in the filesystem. This would be vendor-neutral and would support any and all git front-ends like GitHub and GitLab. If users want to update their footprints, a simple git pull will do the trick, no need to embed that functionality into KiCad I think. I'm not sure of the benefits of having KiCad directly query git repositories online.

Just my two cents, please feel free to ignore me.

-Matthew Beckler