Re: Assertion trip due to out-of-order dialog close

On Wed, 19 Aug 2015 17:47:56 +0200,
Wayne Stambaugh wrote:

> This may be window manager related.  I get no assertion on windows.
> I've seen this before and it appears to be a unfortunate side effect of
> the Kiway design.  Any dialog derived from DIALAG_SHIM must have a Kiway
> object as a parent if it is shown as quasimodal.  If you try to make the
> parent another DIALOG_SHIM object, you will get the assertion.  If you
> don't derive you dialog from DIALOG_SHIM and show it as modal, it will
> block all of the other open main windows launched by KiCad.

So no nested dialogs seems the solution... other than junking kiway
which sadly is not feasible :P (still don't like it)

As a workaround what about to change the code flow so that the change
footprint is opened after the closure of the footprint properties? there
is no need for it to be kept open. Shouldn't be difficult to add a
return value from the properties saying 'closed down but now open the
change footprint'.

Or move the whole change footprint launch from the footprint properties
to the footprint menu (seems better to me, given that it can also do
mass updates).

Or simply do nothing, I reported the fault but it's possible that
nothing bad is really happening undercover...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl