Re: KiCad documentation update.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 12:26 AM, Nick Østergaard <oe.nick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 11:37 PM, LordBlick <lordblick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Stambaugh:

> for
> >>
> >> What about GUI translations, still they are part of kicad-doc?
> >> Recently I've updated Polish GUI translations, because they were not
> >> updated
> >> a long time…
> >> --
> >> Best Regards,
> >> LordBlick
> >

> > The GUIs will always be a hassle.  I wonder if it is possible to create a
> > framework which can call up all GUIs, take an image, and repeat with
> > a different environment/translation. If it were possible then we can
> > ensure that all GUIs are synchornized and look the same except for the
> > language in use.
> >
> > - Cirilo
>
> What exactly are you talking about here Cirilo? Why do we need to take
> screenshots? Can't we just parse the po files? I am still not sure
> what exactly you are trying to check for?
>
> Nick

Sorry, I'm getting confused between the translations for the KiCad GUIs
and the documentation translation with screenshots of the GUIs. I was
talking about an automated method for creating screenshots of menus
etc. for the documentation; if that task can be automated then the
documentation will look more consistent between different translations.

- Cirilo