How about being clear about what the license of different KiCad parts?

> Well done guys. The site looks amazing! I think this is also an
> appropriate moment to thank the fine folks who maintained the
> Confluence site all these years, especially Miguel.
>
> Regarding content, I just have a minor comment on the "About" part. I
> think we should replace "The suite runs on Windows, Linux and OS X and
> is licensed under GNU GPL v2." by "The suite runs on Windows, Linux
> and OS X and is licensed under GNU GPL." As we have discussed in the
> past, KiCad's code base is actually a mix of GPL2+ and GPL3+,
> effectively behaving as a whole like GPL3+.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Javier

Yeah, that is probably better, but it is still a bit ambiguous or not
completely clear. I think we should consider it a task to get hold and
make a file in the source describing the exact situation and
preferable which folders and files are under which license. The about
dialog in KiCad states GPLv2+. But we should probably make another new
thread about this issue, instead of hijacking this announcement.
(Which I have now done with this mail)

Nick

Follow ups