Re: proposed future changes for 3D model handling

Hi Cirilo,

> We would probably have to create more
> dummy class headers or class diagrams to explain what we want to
> do before we do it

have a look at this header:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mrluzeiro/kicad/kicad_new3d-viewer/view/head:/3d-viewer/3d_parsers/s3d_model_manager.h

it declares the S3D_MODEL_MANAGER as it is represented here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mrluzeiro/kicad/kicad_new3d-viewer/download/head:/class_diagram_3dpars-20150617081727-l1z78oarbyy7ps7n-2/class_diagram_3dparsers.svg

That is the only source I have so far related,that class have only two public functions.
bool GetModel(const wxString &aFileName, XV3D_NODE_PTR aDstNode_Ptr)
void SetCacheSize(size_t aNewCacheSize)

XV3D_NODE_PTR structure is sketched here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mrluzeiro/kicad/kicad_new3d-viewer/download/head:/class_diagram_3dxv3d-20150617081727-l1z78oarbyy7ps7n-1/class_diagram_3dXV3D.svg

The GetModel would implement and hide the parser it will switch between a parser based on the class S3D_MODEL_PARSER and on the filetype extension.

Mario Luzeiro