Re: Can I move values in footprints library back to silkscreen?

I don't see any reason why values on *.Fab shouldn't exceed the size of
the package. Also, printing values on the silkscreen is something that
is only ever done by a small handful of hobbyists. When was the last
time you saw a real PCB with values on the silk? It looks ugly and
serves little purpose. You can print out the *.Fab layers to get a value
listing for assembly if you like.

I disagree *100%* that it's more intuitive to set them visible than to
change layer. What's so hard about changing the layer? You even do it in
the same place!

What I *do* think is that a way to move them *all* to a layer in batch
would be very, very helpful. KiCad really needs more batch tools in
general. And no, not just Python, not everybody who makes a PCB is a
software developer.