Re: Can I move values in footprints library back to silkscreen?

The reason why values shouldn't exceed outline is that if they will they may overlap with others and it's additional work to set proper sizes and positions of them. Instead I suggest making something like the ipc assembly outline - refdes in outline, simple to prepare layer that you can print, take to a lab and use. Values may be more useful for manual soldering but for prototyping and measurements when you work with schematic the reference designators are usually more important.