Re: Kicad annoyances and niggles

On 01/09/2015 09:28, jp charras wrote:
Le 31/08/2015 21:25, David J S Briscoe a écrit :
I've just been playing with V6132 of PCBNEW. I have a number of small
observations.

1/  In the layer manager toolbar the Top and Bottom layer are named
Composant and Cuivre. Why is this even though I am using English as my
language?
2/ The same words are used for the top and bottom layer in the Track and
Via properties dialog.
Copper layers names are user defined.
These names were given by the designer, and can be modified.

Track highlighting in OpenGL mode.

1/ When I click on the track highlighting icon the cursor changes to a
large cross. I can then highlight a track. However if I then try to
un-highlight the same track I have to
move the cursor back to the highlight button and unclick it. When I do
this the board pans uncontrollably off the screen whilst I'm moving the
cursor towards the highlight button.
I still can not un-highlight the track. How is a track un-highlighted.
Surely it would be more intuitive to click on the track once to
highlight and then again to un-highlight it? How can the panning be
turned off or controlled?
This is the net highlight, not the track highlight.
To un-highlight any highlighted item, click on any other (free) location.
It is intuitive.

Why is the Freeroute Icon still available even though the website does
not work any more? I did click on it but it just provides an opportunity
to export a .ses file. Maybe the tooltip should be changed to reflect this?

I'll send in a few more observations next week as I start to use the
latest version more. Thanks.

David.