3D refactoring news

Hi Folks,

 The 3D refactoring branch now has a very minimal test program
with a simple window. At the moment the test program instantiates
the 3D Model Manager which in turn loads a plugin. When the
menu item File->Select is activated a message pops up which
shows the user the loaded plugins and the file extensions which
they support. At the moment the plugin is only a dummy for test
purposes; it does not actually support any of the model files which
it claims to support.

 Anyone interested in playing with the new code at this early stage
can make a branch from:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~cirilo-bernardo/kicad/3drefactor

The README file in the 3dv directory has some instructions
to build and run the test program.

At the moment the software has only been tested on Linux;
I'd appreciate it if OSX and MSWin developers could have a
look and add some code to the plugin discovery and loading
codes (3d_model_manager.cpp - functions listPlugins and
loadPlugins, and S3D_PLUGIN_ITEM::Open()).
If I didn't implement a real plugin then the work would be trivial,
but I would like to have a genuine plugin system because it
makes life much easier in the long run.

Basically, the 3D model manager will be responsible for
selecting 3D model files associated with each footprint
and also for caching and creating data sets ready for
rendering to a wxDC. The data model loading and
processing will be the responsibility of the individual
plugins.

- Cirilo