Re: Block select settings

I was more thinking adjusting pad diameters for block modifications, e.g.
adjusting for hand soldering.

A better example may be setting the position of the value/reference to the
centre or top left for a group of components.

I agree that lead diameters are different and so a solution such as on
block select, add to the dialogue that already appears (in PCBNew) an
option such as "select only matching footprints", with a list of footprints
in the block to select from.

That dialogue feature could also be extended to a right-click tool, to
allow for one click selection of all matching components on the board.
(Again correct me if this feature already exists, I just want to bounce
ideas around).

Tom

> On 13 Sep 2015 22:14, "Jean-Paul Louis" <louijp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Bob,
>> I think that your assumption that the pads should be the same is wrong.
>> Through hole parts are not build with always the same wire diameter.
>> So the holes diameters will be different. Very often the wire for
resistor is larger than the wire for capacitor, and vary from manufacturer
to manufacturer.
>> So I am not sure what your feature would bring to the party.
>>
>> The pads and hole diameter are part specific, not block of part specific.
>>
>> Just my $0.02,
>> Jean-Paul
>> AC9GH
>>

>> > On Sep 13, 2015, at 4:45 PM, bob smith <gta4lj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Possibly working on a feature, just wanted to bounce my ideas off you
guys.

>> > The basic idea is as follows:
>> >
>> > As you block select footprints/symbols, the settings dialog shows the
settings that are common to all of the selected footprints/symbols.

>> > E.G. if I selected 2 through hole resistors, and a through hole
capacitor, I would be able to set the pad radius for all the selected
components, as they all share the same attribute (through hole pad), as
opposed to changing one by one. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I
haven't seen this in KiCAD yet.