Bad Error in footprint (Not picked up by DRC)

Is this the right place to report problems with footprints.
In "Capacitors_Elko_ThroughHole:Elko_vert_20x10mm_RM5"
There is a + symbol that is in the silkscreen, and also in the copper layer.
When we saw our Gerber file it was shorting 2 nets together and the DRC had not picked this up.
1) What is the best process to change all the footprints at once for our board?2) Should I file a bug to suggest that DRC includes copper from footprint in the DRC?
Thanks
Dan

Follow ups