Re: Debug vs Release build flags

I have also been wondering about this. Some more information is see in
https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg19955.html

But it seems that the chagen was introduced in rev 4621 by Dick. The
commit message specifically says,
"disable deprecation warnings in Debug build [...]". It is obvious
that it was intentional, but it does not tell us the reasoning, so I
have added Dick to the mail here in the hope he can shed some light on
the issue.