Re: Making translation easier: Any non-developer non-geek friendly approach?

> once this is all up & running (we are almost done) we can start think on
> how to integrate it in a web tool or other means to easy translation
> tasks for non-devs.

>The website is not translatable as of now, but hugo the tool we use to
>generate the site has some features for translations, I have not
>really investigated it, but I guess it we should be able to apply the
po files concept to the website oo

I don't think he was talking about the website. Its the tools
suggested that are web apps so that people can freely contribute
without having to install or download anything.
Translating a website with po files is really incredibly bad idea.
Its massive paragraphs, we edit one small word of a page in English
and suddenly the entire page revert backs to English.
The GUI translation stuff works because its all phrases and short
strings that are independent. IF you want website translations, the
proper procedure person has to create a copy of the page content
rewritten from English. It may get out of sync with the english
content then, but it prevents the clusterfuck of simple edits. I could
go on and on about how its a bad idea.