OS X pcbnew graphics performance

Hi folks,

How is everyone else's graphics performance in pcbnew on OS X?

GAL works nice and fast, but the traditional canvas isn't usable on my
relatively beefy Macbook Pro.

This isn't a new regression, but it hasn't always been this way, and has
been discussed previously on the mailing list.

Do we have any ideas on what to do here? Leave it?  See if it's something
we can fix?  Earlier it was hypothesized it was due to high DPI rendering.
Can we set it up so the traditional canvas isn't in high DPI rendering?

I can post a video if no one else has--but we're talking 30+ seconds
between frames when you zoom.

Adam Wolf
Cofounder and Engineer
W&L