Re: About the UNIX way (was "Re: Caching/storimg datasheets in KiCad for offline use?")

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 02:21:16AM +0200, timofonic timofonic wrote:
> [snip]
>
> I would even love to see KiCad on Android, iOS, eComStation, BBOS and even
> Atari (you can have a somewhat modern Atari by using aranym). Those require
> additional developers, I hope they appear. A secondary effect could be a
> very robust codebase, but maybe the C++ subset would need to be reduced
> because of compiler features.

Wait... you want us to _reduce_ the C++ subset, to support _Atari_? Are you on crack?

Many of the new C++ features are definitely Good Things and I really, really hope we can adopt them soon. I don't know which platforms we support that don't have proper C++11 compilers, but those really need to be dragged kicking and screaming into 2015...