Re: Caching/storimg datasheets in KiCad for offline use?

Good morning (it is here),

I use partkeepr for my datasheets and “inventory”. It takes a bit of pain to put all your components in, but then the information is easy to get to, searchable and all. It can even take a photo of you component via webcam, which is great for housings.

It is open source, but I am not advocating to add this to KiCad. Let’s focus on the development of the best affordable electronic CAD software. I think it is quickly taking the number one spot,
and has for me already surpassed Eagle. Eagle is great also, but I had to make one larger PCB so had the options to either shelve out some more money of use KiCad. Guess what was my choice.

Anyway, to make a long story short: here is a link to an excellent open source electronic component database with a lot of bells and whistles: http://www.partkeepr.org <http://www.partkeepr.org/>
Note, the stable release is a bit old, but it is actively being developed and the author has been very helpful with some minor issues I have had in the past.

Thanks KiCad devs, KiCad rocks, you rock!
/Martijn