Re: Bad Error in footprint (Not picked up by DRC)

On 9/15/2015 12:19 PM, Dan Walmsley wrote:
> Is this the right place to report problems with footprints.
>
> In "Capacitors_Elko_ThroughHole:Elko_vert_20x10mm_RM5"
>
> There is a + symbol that is in the silkscreen, and also in the copper layer.

This is definitely a bug in the footprint.  Please file an issue on our
footprint library repo at
https://github.com/KiCad/Capacitors_Elko_ThroughHole.pretty

> When we saw our Gerber file it was shorting 2 nets together and the DRC
> had not picked this up.
>
> 1) What is the best process to change all the footprints at once for our
> board?

Use the "Change Footprints" dialog which can be accessed through the
footprint edit properties dialog.

> 2) Should I file a bug to suggest that DRC includes copper from
> footprint in the DRC?

This is a known issue with DRC.  It does not check clearances for text
on copper layers.  This is something on the radar for the next
development cycle.