Re: Call for help, no programming experience required.

and using FreeCAD VRML models (instead of Wings3D models) you have also MCAD models to be used for the MCAD exporting/viewing

here there is a video of the FreeCAD VRML models and FreeCAD STEP models that shows how KiCad is ready for MCAD world! (just now with the stable release)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmNGdqkKbpM

I've done a self contained project that displays the 3d-viewer in kicad as the 3d MCAD view in FreeCAD or whatever MCAD software you want to use :)