Re: KiCad scripting supported in the release or not

It is just a concept thing I guess.
You can either use some sort of package manager to pull in dependencies.
Or, you can put all dependencies into one single package and you don’t need any package manager.
Each approach has pros and cons… I think it is useless to discuss that.

I think you have the same problem on Windows.
You can use some package-manager add-on or special installer to get all the dependencies, or you just put everything into your own installer.

Of course, we could switch back to some package manager like home-brew or MacPorts on OS X, but you would lose the ability to just download and run an app bundle (everyone would have to “build” his own version - even if it is just a pre-built download). This is not very Apple-like (but again, that’s probably only a matter of taste).
And for sure we could implement some wrapper (or whatever) inside the bundle to check if there is a suitable python version and offer some automated download if not… just a question of how much work this would be.

Regards,
Bernhard