update on 3D refactor

If anyone has time to have a peek at my 3D refactor branch:

bazaar.launchpad.net/~cirilo-bernardo/kicad/3drefactor

the existing code can be built within the build/3dv subdirectory after
configuring kicad for compilation. The kicad code itself is quite a few
revisions out of date but that doesn't matter at this point since the
code being developed is not yet touching any other kicad code and
the test program 'test3dmm' can be built on its own.

At the moment the code will only work on Linux (i'll need help getting
the plugin loading to work on OSX and MSWin) and you can't currently
see how the plugin will affect the list of models which you can associate
since I haven't made the file browser dialog yet, but what you can see
at the moment is the  3D model path configuration dialog which is
accessible from File->Select (ctrl-t). I'd appreciate any feedback on the
path configuration dialog at this stage since I'd like to avoid doing too
much work which people might not like.

The 3d path config dialog allows a user to edit the list of paths which
will be searched if a PCB file names a relative filename. There is also
an implied entry (never saved and never displayed) which is the current
project directory.

I'll work on the model file selector next, which isn't as simple an item
as it may sound, and should be able to implement all but the preview
of the model being browsed.

One other item I'd like feedback on: should we still give the user the
option to save a full path or shall we automatically use a full path if
none of the configured paths are a root path of the model and in all
other cases automatically truncate paths to a root path stored in
the config file? The one possibly big problem with using all relative
paths of couse is that is a user accidentally modifies/deletes paths
using the configurator, a project may not be able to find some (or all)
of its model files.

- Cirilo

Follow ups