KiCad-Winbuilder killed off on Launchpad

I've just killed KiCad-Winbuilder on launchpad (
https://launchpad.net/kicad-winbuilder ), but fear not!

Nick Østergaard is now maintaining the MSYS2/mingw-w64 version of
KiCad-Winbuilder on GitHub (
https://github.com/nickoe/KiCad-Winbuilder )

Thanks to Nick who's been working on the MSYS2 version of the tool
tool such that it's capable of creating the release candidate
installer and is now being used for providing snapshot releases via
the KiCad website ( http://kicad-pcb.org/download/windows/ ) and
thanks to anyone who's provided patches/pull requests and the like to
get it sorted out.

Thanks also to Orson for his support when we needed it to get the GAL
up and running on Windows.

With the addition of the Recent Builds to the KiCad website there's no
need for users to build their own using KiCad-Winbuilder anymore -
just download a recent build and don't suffer the pain of building on
Windows; Building on Windows is really no fun for anyone!

I'm surprised the latest download on Launchpad had reached 30,000+
downloads! That's a lot of computing power that's been directed at
building KiCad so I'm sure the Recent Builds part of the website is
going to be really popular.

Best Regards,

Brian.

Follow ups