Re: Rnv: Re: Starting with Spanish GUI translation

On 24/10/2015 7:45, Iñigo wrote:

-------- Mensaje original --------
De: jp charras
Fecha:22/10/2015 12:33 (GMT+01:00)
Para: kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: Re: [Kicad-developers] Starting with Spanish GUI translation

Le 22/10/2015 10:50, Marco Ciampa a écrit :
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 10:02:08AM +0200, ifs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have just started translating KiCad GUI to Spanish. The existing
>> translation is very old an only about 1% of the translation is done.
>>
>> I'm about the 15% now, but I have a couple of questions and I hope
>> this is the place to be answered.
>>
>> When translating menu entries with hotkeys, sometimes the English
>> hotkey letter isn't available in the Spanish translation, so, what
>> is the better solution to solve this?
>>
>> Example and options:
>>
>> Original text:
>>
>> Show &Layers
>>

>> Spanish translation options:
>>
>> 1- Mostrar &capas
>> 2- Mostrar capas &L
>>

>> 1 This option messes up the hotkey list between Languages
>> 2 This works and shows the hotkey (Shouldn't hotkeys always be
>> visible? Only a bunch of them are show in KiCad.
>>
>> Do you have a better option?
>>
>> A last question. When the translation be done, is it OK to post it
>> here as an attachment?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Iñigo Figuero.
>>

> Very good question(s) and IMHO a good solution idea too...
> I am eager to see the others opinion...

Do not be confused by hotkeys and accelerator keys.

In this case, this is not a hotkey, but an accelerator key for the
current menu item.

When exist, hotkeys do not appear in menu strings in sources.
They are dynamically added to these strings at run time, because they
are editable by users.

I am using the option 1 in French translations.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS