From: Kicad-developers [kicad-developers-bounces+mrluzeiro=ua.pt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Javier Serrano [javier.serrano.pareja@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 03 November 2015 10:09
To: Wayne Stambaugh
Cc: KiCad Developers
Subject: Re: [Kicad-developers] Looking for complex board designs

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 8:53 PM, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know it's noisy but I want developer input on this as well as website
> developer input.  I think the developers have a right to know how their
> work is being used and have a say in it.  The CERN folks may want some
> say on this as well and I'm not sure they see the website mailing list
> stuff.

Hi, if I understand well the debate is not really about how we allow
our work to be used, but rather about what to host or link to in the
website and the conditions thereof. As to the former, by including a
GPL2+ or GPL3+ header in our sources we agree that they be used in any
way which complies with those licenses. As to the latter, I have no
strong opinion on the subject, and will agree with whatever you guys
decide. I do have a slight preference for not requiring funding in
exchange of linking because that could open a can of worms. For
instance, we could be faced with a situation where a project we don't
want to advertise (for whatever reason) expects linking just because
they funded KiCad development.

Cheers,

Javier