Re: linux gcc vs windows mingw issues

AFAIK, kicadwinbuilder is no longer being maintained.  The preferred
method for building kicad on windows is to us the new msys2/mingw32/64
environment.  See
http://ci.kicad-pcb.org/job/kicad-doxygen/ws/Documentation/doxygen/html/md_Documentation_development_compiling.html#build_windows.
 Please not that the easy way will no longer work because the legacy
documentation repo has been renamed and I haven't updated the PKGBUILD
file for kicad.