Bug #1511552 - Fixes to Incorrect export of Spice net-list from EESchema

 Hello,

I reported the bug #1511552 and suggested to provide a patch. I'd like to hear
your suggestions and objections to what I was to going to do.

In short (details in the bug report):

In EESchema, it is hard to create a schema that can be used simultaneously for
Spice simulations and Pcb creations. For instance, because the pin order of
the components for Pcb and for Spice needs to be different. The following two
patches have resolved some of the problems: #706558, #743027. But there are
still other problems that persist:

1. Prefixes of component references in schemas follow different conventions
(e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reference_designator) than those required
by Spice.

2. Component values (like 3k3 or 2M7) commonly used in schemas don't work in
Spice.

3. The default KiCad component libraries are not prepared for Spice
simulations. Which is a problem for a KiCad newbie who a) does not have his
own modified libraries b) isn't even aware of the need of such library
modifications and wonders why the simulation doesn't work (like me some days
ago).

So I'm proposing to create another patch in the line of the two already
accepted patches, as described in the bug report. I'm aware that the current
Spice netlist exporter is poorly designed and that the two already accepted
patches are kind of hack. And my patch will be no different. But I don't have
time and energy to implement a full-featured Spice support.

Please, read my intended patch design in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1511552/comments/2, and provide comments
and suggestions. So that I don't spend my time on an improvement of a feature
that will be rejected then. It's possible to implement only some of the
suggested points, and leave the rest for a post-processing.

Thank you,
         Martin.
Vystup z řady a zřiď si taky originální email! @bigboss.cz, @dablik.cz, @potvurka.cz, @tajny.cz... zdarma na http://email.sms.cz
COMDOM Antispam - www.comdomsoft.com