About collaboration, simulation, documentation, organisation, usability and documentation (Was: Re: Bug #1511552 - Fixes to Incorrect export of Spice net-list from EESchema)

Hello

I'm just a lurker and still not started to contribute, but I have some
ideas:

- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay: I see technological and
educational institutions as potential contributors at this stage of
development. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay developed the Oscad
package and showed a very good attitude towards collaboration, I think they
must go to FOSSDEM and talk very seriously about a long term collaboration
plan.
- Improving usability: I think UX should be taken under a very serious
objective analysis by an independent group to make KiCad more popular,
OpenUsability.org seems a good candidate. Old schoolers and some developers
might resist to change, but KiCad's UX is one of the things that still make
people uncomfortable to use it.
- QUCS: It seems a great project with innovation in their core ideas. I
think there should be some collaboration. It seems there are issues about
SPICE models being copyrighted so they have to use script downloaders, this
would make a future KiCad library with all components available in
SPICE/Verilog-A a very hard challenge until solved.
manager and there are translators, that's all I know. Are there main or
specific roles in the team? What about a fast voting process to take
decisions? Are there a formal meritocratic core team?
- Wiki: What about using a wiki for documentation? It provides an easier to
use environment,  it can be customized for i18n and even parsing KiCad
files to show them  as SVG if someone writes a plugin for it. The
documentation could be exported and shipped in each release, too.

Relevant links:
https://forum.kicad.info/t/simulating-kicad-schematics-in-spice/
http://mithatkonar.com/wiki/doku.php/kicad/kicad_spice_quick_guide
http://esim.fossee.in