Re: About collaboration, simulation, documentation, organisation, usability and documentation

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 3:57 AM, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/4/2015 9:01 PM, Stefano Rossi wrote:
>> Also, it isn't clear the goals. Are CERNs goals kicad goals? I have
>> learned that if you have no clear goals you will waste time in useless
>> features. Feature creep. Then the rest of the time is putting out fires
>> till someone branches out and starts from scratch.
>
> CERN's goals and KiCad's goals are aligned and we are in constant
> communication.  It may not seem that way but they are.

I don't see why it might not seem so. Anywhere you look you see signs
of CERN being just one more member of the KiCad family:

- Our participation in this mailing list, the bug tracker and the official repo.
- Our statements about it in the main page of the wiki we set up to
manage our contributions [1] and in our wishlist work package page
[2].
- The striking resemblance between our wishlist and the official
roadmap document, pointing at the fact that our list is just a staging
place to have these proposals discussed and eventually accepted in the
roadmap.
- The big "Donate via CERN" button in the official KiCad web site.

That somebody new to KiCad asks the question of CERN's alignment with
KiCad is reasonable, but the doubt should be cleared after the most
trivial of scrutinies. We are part of KiCad and very proud of it. And
thanks to the great atmosphere fostered by the people here, and which
Adam rightly described as very important, we feel right at home.

Cheers,

Javier

[1] http://www.ohwr.org/projects/cern-kicad/wiki
[2] http://www.ohwr.org/projects/cern-kicad/wiki/WorkPackages