Re: RC2

On 8 novembre 2015 at 21:59:19, Adam Wolf (adamwolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
Hi,

just out of curiosity… why/how would you want to put it into MacPorts?
Well, for starters, I already have MacPorts on my machine, and it would be simpler for the users to update. Another thing would be that I already have WxWidgets installed on MacPorts, do I wouldn’t like having another copy just for kicad.

IMHO there is really no need to build it via MacPorts, especially due to the special patched wxWidgets libraries which are not available in MacPorts anyway.
Well, we can either add them, or you can submit them upstream if they’re useful.

Downloading ready-made .dmg images from the website is probably much more easy than installing via Macports… (and, it doesn’t add another build variant to support/maintain).
Easier than ‘port install kicad’? We have some requests for packaging kicad in our bug tracker [1]. What do you mean by having another build variant to support/maintain? It would (should!) be virtually identical to the copy you provide.

[1]: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/47268

--
Aljaž Srebrnič a.k.a g5pw
My public key:  http://bit.ly/g5pw_pubkey