Re: RC2

> On Nov 8, 2015, at 2:43 PM, Aljaž Srebrnič <a2piratesoft@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 8 novembre 2015 at 21:59:19, Adam Wolf (adamwolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> just out of curiosity… why/how would you want to put it into MacPorts?
> Well, for starters, I already have MacPorts on my machine, and it would be simpler for the users to update. Another thing would be that I already have WxWidgets installed on MacPorts, do I wouldn’t like having another copy just for kicad.

Longtime Mac user here, with an opinion:

The average user doesn’t want to deal with MacPorts and building. They want to drag files from a disk image to /Applications and get going. Updates are as easy as dragging the latest version from a newer disk image over the old version.

Adam’s nightly builds are already packaged into a .dmg, and everything is self contained (users don’t need to worry about installing wxWidgets or anything else). A disk image is the way to go.

-a