Re: Plans for (OpenGL-/Cairo-/Default-) canvases after stable?

On 08.11.2015 22:43, Bernhard Stegmaier wrote:
> is there any roadmap/plan for how to go on with the three canvases in pcbnew after the stable release?

Hi Bernhard,

Yes, there is a plan. In short:
- Port the remaining features of the "legacy" canvas such as component
auto-placement or delete-track-while-routing to the GAL. We'll
appreciate any help with assembling a list of features still missing in
the GAL canvases.
- Improve the speed of the Cairo renderer so it's fast enough at least
for an Arduino-sized board.
- Drop the legacy canvas before the next stable release.

Regards,
Tom