Re: RC2 has been released.

On 11/8/2015 6:01 PM, Nick Østergaard wrote:
> Hi Wayne
>
> Thank you for realasing. Although the download link is a bit strange..
> it still partly refers to rc1.
>
> https://launchpad.net/kicad/4.0/4.0.0-rc1/+download/kicad-4.0.0-rc2.tar.xz
>
> But anyway, I guess we can just say that the docs, and their
> translations, and the GUI translations shall be done in two weeks if
> they want to be included with the release. The same witht he libs, if
> anything is is left to be done, and we can just take a snapshot of the
> libs and put it on the download page.

I'm wondering if we should branch the translation and doc repos.  Once
new features and strings are added to kicad during the next development
cycle, updating the translation and doc repos will not make sense
against the 4.0 stable release of kicad.  Creating 4.0 branches of the
doc and translation repos would allow for new translations and improved
documentation for the 4.0 stable release.  There would be some
cross-over between the 4.0 and development repos which would be a bit
more work.  I'm OK with tagging the current repos as well.  The downside
to that is there will be no new translations or doc improvements until
the next stable release.  I'll leave that up to the doc and translation
folks.  Tagging and a snapshot archive makes sense for the lib repo.