Re: auto-place footprints small bug

IFAIK, the autoplace routine uses the board outline bounding box which
will be a rectangle created by merging all of the outline drawing items
so the results you are seeing are not surprising.  The autoplace tool is
very crude.  We would have to move to a fully polygonal design to
accomplish what you are trying to do.  You could add it to the wishlist
but it will be fairly low on the priority list.