Re: Bug #1511552 - export of Spice net-list from EESchema

First of all, sorry for my late answer, and that I'm going to put all my
answers into a sigle e-mail. Because the public mail service I'm using had a
breakdown, was unavailable for the whole day, and the latest messages were
lost.

> I agree with Wayne and JP, KiCAD is not designed to be a simulator, but
could be a nice
> interface to the few good Existing Spice Simulators (LTspice and Tina TI
come to mind for
> stand-alone products) while expensive commercial ECAD products have their
own
> simulation tools.

Exactly. KiCad is not a simulator, but it could be used as a "nice interface"
for one.

> If you are not interested in making these changes, just say so and that's
> the end of it.

If we won't be able to agree on anything better, I'll do that the way you
suggest it. I thought that was clear, so I'm surprised that you're still
bringing this topic back.
Nevertheless, I'd like to have a full-featured AND officially supported KiCad
integration with Spice or other good simulation software. This was also
suggested a few days ago by someone else in another thread.
But you (and JP) are repeating that that's an utopia, that's too much
maintenance, that everyone does it his own way anyway etc. And if I try to
suggest something, or present a counter-argument, then you answer with that
you are the project leader.
Well, you are. That's why I asked you to present your plans concerning KiCad
and Spice (or any other simulation software) integration.

>> Can you confirm that or explain your view of
>> possible KiCad - Spice integration? Because every other your answer in this
>> area depends on your general view of this integration.

Can you - please - explain what lever of integration is acceptable for you,
whether you have any prepared plans and what they are, whether any work or
analysis has been done already, what is the expected time-frame etc.? And if
your plans cover nothing more than the suggested "spice" user field, can you
present some arguments why don't you want a better integration? If this
information is already available somewhere, could you please point me there so
that you don't need to repeat it and I can read it?

I'm not going to comment on the rest of the e-mails.

Thank you,
           Martin.

Vystup z řady a zřiď si taky originální email! @bigboss.cz, @dablik.cz, @potvurka.cz, @tajny.cz... zdarma na http://email.sms.cz
COMDOM Antispam - www.comdomsoft.com